Dealing with Mechanical Problems and Emergencies
Stop and offer assistance in the event of mechanical breakdown by an ACT member or fellow cyclist.
- Rider’s tool kits should include: Pump or other means of inflating tires; Spare inner tubes; Tube repair kit; Tire levers;
- Wrenches and tools appropriate to your bike; Cell phone; Personal ID; Medical Information; List of Emergency
- Contacts (phone numbers, names and relationship); Medical insurance IDs, etc.
Food and Clothing
Helmets are mandatory
Assure your bike is properly equipped and maintained.
- At night use bright or reflective clothing, equipment and lights.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and be prepared for changes in the weather (rain, wind, etc.)
- Rides include rest stops; however, you should carry enough drinks and food to get you thru the ride.
Only riders of the highest skill and training levels should use aero bars. If mounted on your bike, they need not be removed for ACC rides; however, we recommend they not be used during those rides.
Child Protection Policy
A parent must accompany riders under 16 years of age and Special Liability Releases may be required.